Calendar updates for Spring 2020 Semester
Due to uncertainties for international travel amidst the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we have slightly compressed the calendar of our Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 semesters, maintaining the same instructional hours and credits earned as in our regular semester schedule. The semesters will begin with 1 week of an online Intro Unit followed by 89 days of intensive on-site activities in Siena.
As students will thus stay in Italy for less than 90 days, it will not be necessary for American students to request a study visa (which is only required for stays in Italy of more than 90 days). Students of other nationalities should confirm with the Italian embassy in their home country to confirm their visa requirements.
The spring 2021 dates are listed below (click here for further calendar details):
Spring Semester 2021 (Jan 22-May 14 2021)
Application deadline: Nov 1, 2020
- January 22: Students meet the school staff at Florence’s Peretola Airport and depart for orientation. We ask that students arrive by 2pm in time to meet staff at the arrivals area by 3pm at the latest.
- January 22-24: Orientation
- January 25: Intensive 3 weeks begin (Art & Society Intro Unit, plus Italian Intensive)
- February 11: Intensive Italian exam
- February 12: School field trip (all day, to be confirmed)
- February 15: Elective Courses begin
- March 22-25: Midterm exams and critiques
- March 26-April 5: Mid-term break*
- Overnight school field trip (date to be confirmed)
- May 8: End-of-Semester Exhibition Inauguration 4-6pm
- May 10-12: Final Exams and Critiques
- May 12: Final Critique and Final Dinner
- May 13-14: Departure (You are responsible for your own return transportation.)
*Please note: Students with a host family are required to leave your host family during the week-long Midterm Break.