A 40 euro fee is required as part of an application to Siena School for Liberal Arts.
Semester tuition: € 16400;
Winter Program tuition: € 2650;
Summer Program tuition: € 2700.
Semester tuition € 13900;
Summer Program tuition: € 2000.
Summer Study Abroad for Signers tuition: € 3150.
Summer Professionals tuition: € 2300
Summer Two Weeks Independent Research or Service Learning Project tuition: €1600 (lodging not included)
Summer Three Weeks Independent Research or Service Learning Project tuition: €2200 (lodging not included)
Semester tuition: € 16400.
Semester tuition: € 13900 (Some courses have extra fees. Please see the semester courses webpage for more details).
Medieval Renaissance and Art History in Siena and Florence, 3-week Winter program: € 2700.
Medieval Renaissance and Art History in Siena and Florence, 3-week Summer program: € 2700;
Book Restoration, 3-week Summer program: € 2600;
Art Restoration, 3-week Summer program: € 2700.
Standard semester break-down
- € 40 Application fee (non-refundable)
- € 600 Tuition Deposit (non-refundable)
- € 8300 Tuition (€10800 for Italian Studies and Museum Studies)
- € 1000 Program Fees
- € 500 Course Fees
- € 3500 Homestay accommodations
A cornerstone of the Siena School for Liberal Arts semester programs is homestays with local Italian families, emphasizing the importance of language acquisition and cultural exchange. In a homestay, you get a first-hand experience of the daily lives of members of our community. Your host-family acts as your liaison to Siena, and can assist you immensely in understanding the local language and culture. Our students consistently have overwhelmingly positive feedback about their experience with their host families (and of course their nightly homecooked Italian suppers!) Needless to say, the home-stay can become a central part of your experience at the Siena School for Liberal Arts.
You will complete a housing form as part of your application that allows us to arrange a suitable placement for you. We place you in families that have hosted students for many years and are glad to welcome you into their homes. The cost of the home-stay (3500 € per semester) includes linens & towels, weekly laundry, and daily breakfast and dinner with the family (did we mention the great home-cooking?!). The home-stay does not include lunches, and students are responsible for purchasing and preparing their own lunches. Students may prepare lunch at the school’s kitchenette or enjoy the many cafes nearby.Host families live either in the historic center of Siena or in nearby neighborhoods, a short walk or bus ride from downtown.
Per-semester Program fees include:
- pick-up upon arrival
- mid-semester group excursion
- class excursions and activities
- minimum of 3 cultural visits in Siena and in the surrounding areas
- medical visits assistance
- end of semester exhibition reception
- official transcript issuing and shipping (personal and college copies)
- final dinner
Please note: There is also the Permit of Stay cost of €160 (registration fee for foreigners to reside in Italy.) This fee rate is set by the Italian government, and the school will assist students in the permit of stay application process.
The Siena School for Liberal Arts program fees do NOT include:
- Overseas Supplemental Insurance Coverage. (Students should inquire with their home institution’s Education Abroad Office regarding the requirements for overseas health insurance for the duration of a study abroad program. Students must follow these requirements in order that they are insured properly while overseas)
- Optional weekly program activities
- Optional cell phone and call fees.
- Airfare and Personal Travel expenses
The €500 Course Fee covers the following:
-Textbook for Italian Language Course
-Excursions for Elective Courses
-Materials for Elective Courses